06 April 2014

session 5 - lid lost

Just when I was certain our squidding sessions couldn't go any worse...  The dock was empty at Lilli Pilli when we rolled up just after sundown on a Saturday night. It was a bit unusual to have the place to ourselves. I led the charge down the stairs and out on to wharf with the reel and bucket in hand. It was a bit chilly with a heavy wind. Too windy for squidding, I thought as I sat down our bucket with our lures inside. A big gust came pulling the bucket precariously close to the wharf's edge. I grabbed on saving the lures in the nick of time. The bucket's lid lost to the sea - floating off into the blackness.

We packed up and went home.

Jigs: None cast
Location: Lilli Pilli Baths Wharf
Highlights: The dock was empty.
Session Squid Count: 0
Squid Count to Date: 1

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy. That's one of the spots I usually fish at now in the rare occasion that i have to time to fish. Just started learning how to squid last year but only been out eging 3 times. Used to live up the river in Yowie Bay as a kid but now I come down from Ramsgate to fish.

    Might catch you guys around in the very rare occasion I might find some time to fish.

    ReplyDelete